LOLER Inspection is the shortened version of Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations. It is one of the necessary tests that all lifting equipment should undergo. If your business uses some mechanical lifting equipment, you should ensure to go for this inspection regularly.
Preparing Equipment is Vital for LOLER Inspection:
Getting the safety certificate after LOLER Inspection is an important requirement. It ensures consistency and compliance with safety standards. However, before going for the test, you must remember some vital points. You can consider these as key points to prepare your equipment before taking it for inspection.
Vital Requirements for LOLER Inspection:
This blog will give you more information about the key requirements to prepare your equipment before going for a LOLER Inspection. Ensure that you fulfil all the considerations mentioned here.
- Equipment of Usage: As the name suggests, this part covers the usage details of your lifting equipment. Some important requirements include how often you use it and the places of usage. You will be asked about the Safe working load of the equipment.
- Positioning and Installation: Mechanical lifting equipment is a heavy piece of machinery. One should take care of its accurate installation. The positioning of the equipment is also an important consideration. All these are checked during the LOLER Inspection. The officials ensure that it is placed in a way that doesn’t invite untoward incidents like collapses or collisions.
- Markings: When working with heavy lifting equipment, you should always ensure to mark the vital requirements. This includes marking the safe working load. You can also mark other vital necessities like equipment, accessories and safety messages.
- Attaching and Detaching Loads: Here, the official checks whether your equipment is compatible with the intended load. It should work fine during attaching or detaching the loads. The LOLER Inspection also notes the implications on the centre of gravity while lifting the weight.
- Equipment for Lifting People: Here, the LOLER Inspection will check whether your equipment is compatible with the requirements for lifting people. It should have a clear marking of the maximum capacity. Safety precautions should also be present. This includes gates and barriers, harnesses, and a communication channel with the operator.
Now that you know the vital requirements to prepare your lifting equipment for LOLER Inspection, the task should be easy for you. For better assistance in LOLER Inspection, contact a trustworthy source like JB Powered Access Ltd. You can get help from a team of professionals to inspect your access platforms and lifting equipment. Visit our website to know more.